Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Reader Discussion – Are You Picking Up Final Fantasy XV?


Well, gang, it's nearly here. After more than a decade in development, Final Fantasy XV will be released tomorrow. Reviews are already out and our very own Andrew Reiner seemed to like the game quite a bit:
Final Fantasy XV is unlike any RPG or open-world experience I’ve played before. It succeeds and struggles in finding its unique stance, but a few problematic designs don’t hold it back from being a hell of a journey. Just days after playing it, I find myself reflecting on it fondly.
The thoughts of that damn car are recessed and blanketed by Noctis’ journey and some of the stunning moments that unfolded within it. I wasn’t a fan of Final Fantasy XIII’s sequels, but I hope Square returns with another XV or a similarly designed sequel to iron out the rough spots. There’s a solid foundation here that begs to be explored further.
As someone who isn't very into Final Fantasy (outside of VI, IX, and X), I'm looking forward to giving this interactive road trip a spin. It looks weird and  fantastic enough to be my kind of thing.
What about you? Are you picking up the game? Excited to try it? Cautiously optimistic? Couldn't care less?

No comments:

Post a Comment